YOUR PROGRAM :
Day 1 :
Early departure from Lyon or Geneva by coach towards the Tarentaise Valley in Savoy and arrival in La Plagne.
Arrival in your 4-star hotel and greeting from the staff with tea/coffee, fruit juice, and French croissants.
10h00-12h00: Working session / meeting in a fully equipped conference room (mineral water, paper, pens, screen, video-projector, HF microphone, paperboard, Wi-Fi).
12h30-14h00: Lunch at the hotel restaurant.
14h30-18h30: Team-building activity in La Plagne.
*Option 1 :
Snowshoes & Bobsleigh challenge
Departure from your hotel for a snowshoe trek leaded by qualified instructors. Arrive directly at the Olympic track of Bobsleigh, unique practice venue in France. Warm drinks, water and chocolate bars will be offered during the walk or at your arrival.
Bob raft baptism: Briefing and start of the ride on this exceptional site! By teams of 4 participants, embark on board of your Bob-Raft and follow the 19 curves for 1500 meters of pure sensations! Record to beat: 85 km/hour! At the end of the activity, transfer back by coach to the hotel.
*Option 2 :
Depart by coach towards Belle Plagne (5km). Teams will have been formed previously and will be greeted by qualified instructors. Challenges will take place on an itinerant path or setting and in duel or single. Each team will get points in order to motivate participants and to create a special atmosphere with encouragement, tactics, abetting… At the end of the challenge, an award ceremony will be done on spot. Prize giving ceremony + winners’ trophy for the 3 first teams.
3 types of activities:
- Logging : A real challenge for all those budding hunters and trappers out there! Here’s the chance to meet Fred, the king of the Lumberjacks and take up his challenge….in pairs, try to saw through a huge tree trunk in the shortest amount of time possible!
- Zip line : Fly through the air at 25 metres from the ground on our giant Zip Wire. Harnesses and pulleys at the ready for this 115 metre thrill!
- Quad relay : Come and test your driving skills on snow covered tracks. You will need to pull together as a team to get out of the snow drifts!
Other activity choices :
- Snow rafting: Ready, steady, go! Push, slide and you’re off……The boat you used for white water rafting earlier is now on the ski runs!
- Timberwood trial: Forget the tractors. This challenge relies on your strength alone! See how far you can drag this tree trunk!
- Rifle shooting: A test of accuracy … After so many emotions, you must regain your composure, arm your rifle aim and fire! Standing up or lying down, this is the perfect opportunity to win those extra points and widen the gap with the other teams! The final score will be an accumulation of all points scored by all team members.
- Archery: In the heart of the mountains you’ll be using real bows and real arrows. The Wild Boar targets are made from wood though!
- Sledging slalom: This event is for all those speed freaks out there. Navigate through the gates on your sledge, wisk past the marker poles, anticipating your next move… carve and curve your way to the finish line and win some points to widen the gap between you and the other teams!
- Snow shoe relay: A relay race on a special pre-laid out course. Encouragement, improvisation and innovation are the keys words in this event.
- ‘Giant’ skis: 5 team members will be on each ski. The skis are wooden and 2 metres in length. Experience skiing like in the olden days!
- Arva hunt: Sorry but this particular mountain animal cannot run nor be eaten! But what is this strange animal? It’s not an animal, it is in actual fact an “Appareil de Recherche pour les Victimes d’Avalanches” (a receiver used to find Avalanche victims) which has been hidden by the instructors. Equipped with your own transceiver, it’s now your turn to find the buried device using its transmission and reception properties.
- Tug of war: This event is as old as the hills but still around. A great team event!
- Hay bale carrying: Say goodbye to the farmers tractor and trailer, you’ll be the one carrying the hay bales in this challenge.
- Savoyard bowling: The bowls are wooden, they are not round and the ground isn’t flat… good luck!
- Snow scoot slalom: A mix between a motorbike, a mountain bike and a snow-bike….an incredible experience!
- Paret: This is an old style sledge with no suspension and no brakes. It’s all in your hands now!
- Slalom air board: Ready, steady, go! Push, slide and you’re off… The boat you used for white water rafting earlier is now on the ski runs!
- Fat bike: Come and discover this snow mountain bike! A mountain bike frame with fat tiresin order to realize a gymkhana on a snowy terrain.
- Blind tasting: This challenge sees everyone being blindfolded to taste a variety of local delicacies: Savoyard saucissons of all flavours including blueberry, Beaufort and Genepi. You will also get to taste local cheeses such as Savoie Tomme, Beaufort, Reblochon as well as local wines including Mondeuse, Apremont, Rousette, and Chignin, Bergeron…
- Mountain pit stop: The pit stop is set in a typical mountain setting – Lumberjack cabins or Hunters tents with rustic tables and animal skins as décor. Food and drink is provided: cakes, madeleines, chocolate treats, mineral water, Coca Cola, orange juice, coffee tea, and also the inevitable mulled wine.
18h30: Return back to the hotel to rest. According to your hotel, free entrance to the 450m² spa with indoor pool, relaxation hall, Jacuzzi, tepidarium, steam room, sauna (treatments and massages with supplement).
20h00-22h30: Dinner at the hotel.
Free evening in La Plagne. Possibility to organize a transfer until a Club in Belle Plagne.
Evening with departure from Belle Plagne: 15 minutes snow shoe trekking to reach the “Champagne Stop”! In the middle of the mountains, around a campfire, enjoy a Champagne glass and Savoie chesses and delicacies served by torchlight. Then, walk 10 more minutes to get to a magnificent altitude chalet with elegant mountain decoration to share a « gastro Savoie dinner »: nuts mesclun salad, « tartiflette » and homemade local smoked ham, fine apple tarte with vanilla ice cream, coffee, tea, mineral water, 1 bottle of white or red wine for 4 persons. After dinner, your vos instuctors will lead you back by foot to your hotel… the occasion to taste a last Savoy speciality: the genepi, served in a « convivial » way, in a traditional leather gourd!
Day 2 :
Breakfast at the hotel.
9h00-12h00: Working session / meeting in a fully equipped conference room (mineral water, paper, pens, screen, video-projector, HF microphone, paperboard, Wi-Fi).
12h30-14h30: Lunch at the hotel restaurant.
Return to the airport or train station by coach.
GOOD TO KNOW :
Team-building outdoor activities can be subject to weather conditions in the mountains. The organizer is sole judge to modify or cancel an activity, for security reasons. The Bobsleigh track only opens from December 20th to the beginning of April, so the concerned activity can’t take place before or after these dates.